It’s Money Smart Week at Norfolk Public Library! Celebrate with the smartest card in your wallet—your library card! Here’s how NPL can help you spend less and save more:
- Borrowing instead of buying books, eBooks, audiobooks, DVDs, and CDs from the NPL catalog, can save you a substantial amount of money.
- Still want books to fill your library at home? Buy used books at a steep discount from the Friends of the Norfolk Public Library Used Book Sale found at NPL branches. Prices are $2 for hardbacks, $1 for paperbacks, $2 for audio books, $2 for DVDs, VHS $1, and $.50 for children’s books.
- Cancel your magazine subscriptions! Now you can download popular magazines that never expire through NPL’s Zinio digital magazine collection!
- Take advantage of free entertainment and services with free programs and events for all ages.
- Participate in free financial workshops from NPL including those held at Little Creek Branch Library during Money Smart Week, April 5-12.
- Avoid expensive ticket prices at movie theaters and attend free movie showings at many of the NPL branches. Check the events calendar for the next movie showing or pick up an NPL Program Guide while visiting a branch.
- Stretch your dollars by participating in a weekly coupon swap every Thursday at the Little Creek Branch Library!
- Are your kids struggling with a subject in school? Before hiring a tutor, considering trying out NPL’s free, live homework help online.
- Need help furthering your education? Take advantage of free programs and resources at NPL like “Paying for College" to help with financial aid, finding scholarships, college applications, college admission testing SAT/ACT, and more.
- Save money on electricity. Monitor your home electricity use by checking out a Kill A Watt EZ power meter from NPL.
Can you think of any other ways the public library can you help you save money?